Sunday, May 30, 2010

See The Gyrastacus Production Day 1

Park, Jennifer and I have been in planning stage for See The Gyrastacus for a little while now, and we have just begun building. The idea is to mount stage platforms on the back of a Ford F-150 and secure them with 2 X 4 cleats clamped to the sides of the truck and then bolted to the platform structure itself. We will then either paint the structure with a woodgrain, or plank the platforms with old decking boards to make it look more old timey. I would normally not consider this route, but the fact that its an exterior space, and the audience will be so close to the stage makes me think that we should consider going with actual planking rather than painting it to look like wood because it will look better.

Next thing we have to do is build a "false proscenium" type structure. Its gonna be nifty. I am thinking of having curtains framing this cool signal box that is in the space Then we'll have to set up the space in such a way that it looks like there is power running from the signal box into the truck.

I'm also psyched to work on the box that will have the Gyrastacus in it. Its going to be pretty fun. I think its going to look cool, plus there are lots of moving parts to it. Should be cool.

So, June 27th, Come See the Gyrastacus it will be at Dusk on Memorial next to the now defunct Depot Restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment